; Fun! Fun! Vancouver!: My visit to Storybrooke

Monday 6 April 2015

My visit to Storybrooke

I was inspired to do this post after attending the wrap party for the ABC show, Once Upon a Time, this past weekend.The wrap party was awesome! Several of the cast members were on hand, including Jennifer Morrison who plays Emma Swan, Jared Gilmore who plays Henry, Colin O'Donoghue who plays the sexy Captain Hook, Sean Maguire who is equally as sexy as Robin Hood, and several of the dwarves were around too including Lee Arenberg (Grumpy) who was pointed out to me as also being Mike the Bookie on Seinfeld! How cool is that?

In line at the bar was Rebecca Mader, who was the gloriously awesome Zelena, aka the Wicked Witch of the West, and whom I totally fanboyed over. I told her I loved how she portrayed Zelena and that I also liked her work on LOST (she played Charlotte!!). She was VERY nice and talked to me for a few minutes, and even gave me a Wicked Witch cackle to remember! :)



Anyhow, some of you might know that they film this TV show here in Vancouver, or more specifically out in the town of Steveston, which is a 30 minute drive away. I had visited the location a summer or two ago and took some pictures, but never did post them up. So here they are! Scenes from the actual Storybrooke!








I think I took some more photos but they weren't very good, and these are the only ones halfway decent. Things look a lot cooler on TV, that's for sure! But Steveston is a very quaint little town with fun businesses to check out, including fish and chips stores, ice cream shops, and my friend's wine and cheese restaurant, Gudrun. Check it out!





No comments:

Post a Comment