; Fun! Fun! Vancouver!: Greenheart Canopy Walkway

Sunday 24 May 2015

Greenheart Canopy Walkway

This morning I went to the Greenheart Canopy Walkway at UBC Botanical Gardens. HOLY MOTHER OF GOD. WHAT THE HELL DID I GET MYSELF INTO???

First of all, I'm sure it's lovely. But as someone who is afraid of HEIGHTS, it was all I could do to keep from running through the course as quickly as possible without looking down. Oh My God.

I guess I was imagining a nice little Ewok village with wooden walkways above the treetops. Alas, it was a terrifying shock to my system to discover it was a lot of suspension bridge action, where I found myself gripping the edges and basically screaming throughout much of the walkway. I'm basically a chickenshit. Here's a photo of me looking relatively happy to be there, but if you look closer you'll see the look of maddening fear in my eyes!

Anyhow, if you're not scared of heights like I am and you love nature and the outdoors and all that wonderful stuff, then definitely go to UBC Botanical Gardens to check out this awesome summertime activity! It's fun for the whole family! And even if you are afraid of heights like me, then why not do as I did and go and conquer that fear?!





No comments:

Post a Comment